Dry Land Gear
Equipment needed for off-snow (AKA dry land) training:
- Running shoes
- Water-bottle belt pack and water bottle
- Classic ski boots
- Skate ski boots
- Rollerskis: 1 pair of skate. 1 pair of classic. See the Buying Rollerskis page for more info.
- Rollerski poles: 1 pair for classic, 1 pair for skate
- Rollerski pole tips – Jenex or Niffleheim tips recommended. Exel brand tips are OK, too. Do NOT get Swix.
- Helmet (mandatory for rollerski workouts)
- Reflective vest (mandatory for rollerski workouts)
- Blinking safety light (mandatory for rollerski workouts)
- Hill-bounding poles – a pair of old poles 10 cm shorter than classic poles
- Upper body training device: Ercolina is the best option. Concept 2 SkiErg is also good. Or stretch cords (at PerformBetter.com, order Lifeline Professional Exercise Tubing with Handles)
- Sports watch (mandatory to own and to wear to each practice and to know how to use)
- Heart rate monitor (Polar is recommended brand). Some licenses are available for First Beat; contact Coach Alex for more information.