Fall Rollerski Intervals
Timing: First Thursday after Labor Day until snow
Objective: learn to apply good technique under high load, and increasing tiredness; get ready for racing
Venues: Annursnac Hill and Heath Bridge in Concord
Every Fall rollerski interval workout follows the same basic structure:
- 15min warm-up at medium speed
- main interval workout for a prescribed time (40-60min) or number of repeats
- 10min cool down
The program consists of 4 types of rollerski interval workouts that we repeat on a 4-week roster. We add about 5min (interval+recovery time) every time we have completed all 4 workouts.
- Annursnac Hill, short CLASSIC intervals (3-4min intervals for 40-60min of intervals+recovery). We alternate no-pole (NP)/kick-DP/DP/full technique (FT)
- Annursnac Hill, short SKATE intervals (3-4min intervals for 40-60min). We alternate FT/NP
- Heath Bridge, long CLASSIC intervals (3-4*10-12min). We alternate FT/DP
- Heath Bridge, long SKATE intervals (3-4*10-12min). We alternate FT/NP
We do the short intervals at L4, the long intervals at L3, so this is fairly intense work.